The Swimming pools of the Monte Pisano
It’s taken its time but finally summer is here…bringing with it the warm sunshine and the desire to be outdoors in your bathing costume.
Monte Pisano is close to the coast and there are many beaches, easy to reach and well equipped; however there is an alternative: a day by the pool to cool off and avoid the Sunday traffic jams along the coast.
Today I would like to tell you about two pools located in the area and part of our network.
1. Piscina La Fornace – San Giuliano Terme
This 400 m2 pool is located at the Eden Park Resort Residence but it also open to the public.
The pool is divided into three sectors of different depths: 60 cm the first, 110cm the second and 140cm the third, to allow all swimmers to enjoy the water in complete safety.
It is enriched with waterfalls, a whirlpool, a poolside bar and is surrounded by a large lawn, to relax in the cool shade.
There is also a disabled access to the pool, so everyone can enjoy a day in the water.
- Weekend, bank holidays-all day: Adults € 12, Children aged 2 – 12 € 8.50
- Weekend, bank holidays-morning (10am-2 pm) or afternoon (2pm-7pm): Adults € 8.50, Children € 6.50
- Weekdays – all day: Adults € 10, Children € 6.50
- Weekdays – morning 10am-2pm : Adults € 7, Children € 5
- Weekdays – afternoon 2pm-7pm: Adults € 8, Children € 6
An umbrella and sunlounger are included in the price, according to availability.
Opening times: Monday to Sunday, 10am-7pm
Bathing caps are mandatory.
Bathing caps must be worn and can be bought at the the entrance desk. For hygiene reasons young children must wear swim diapers and a swimnappy costume to be worn over the diapers, which will be given to you free of charge at the entrance desk.
2. Piscina Comunale di Uliveto Terme
This pool is surrounded by the green vegetation of the Tuscan countryside, on the foot slopes of Monte Pisano.
The rectangular 25mx12.5m pool has a varying depth of 1.20 m to 2.40m. The whole area is equipped to accommodate people with physical handicaps or disabilities.
Sun umbrella, sunloungers and deck chairs surround the pool and it is possible to go for a walk in the shade around the park.
There is also an excellent restaurant, with a sun terrace. In addition there is a dog-friendly area.
- Weekends and national holidays adult: € 10.50
- Weekends and national holidays children (under 14) € 8.00
- Weekdays adult € 8.50
- Weekdays children (under 14) € 5.50
There are reductions for residents.
Opening times: Monday-Sunday 10am-7pm
Bathing cap mandatory.